I love stats. The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 100,000 times in 2011. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 4 days for that many people to see it.
Also, the stats above didn’t seem to pick it up, but on December 19th my blog went viral somewhere (still not sure how) and my traffic shot up to 58, 663 page views. Wow!
- Total views for December: 147,949
- Total views for 2011: 244,168
- Total views for 2010: 46,408
- Current average hits per day: 873
- Many new, lifelong friendships
- Thousands of dollars in free gear (shoes, clothing, etc) and food for product reviews
- A better job opportunity
- A move to San Diego
- A new relationship
I’m so humbled to see such tremendous growth and I want to take a minute to deeply thank all of my faithful readers and commenters. You guys are such an inspiration to me. You keep me on track and focused. When I’m out on a hard run, I think about not letting you down. Some of you have been with me since the first day I started blogging. Thanks for a great year. I hope you will follow me into 2012 for more adventures!
The next few posts will contain:
- A race report for Across the Years (This is a good one!)
- Goals for 2011 (What they were and did I meet them?)
- Goals for 2012