The month is nearing its end, and so has our series on runners and their diets. The diets I posted this month were as unique as the runners themselves. It always fascinates me to see how people eat.
As a nutritionist, the more that I learn about people’s diets, the more I come to understand the wonder of the human body. There are so many ways to make it function.
Of course, some ways are better than others. But there is no one size fits all. Different things work for different bodies, depending on a person’s religious beliefs, personal values, hereditary factors, genetic predispositions, allergies, food sensitivities, physical activity, and/or nutritional deficiencies, among other factors.
Never before have I believed more strongly in personalization, as far as assessing nutrition and counseling others. We are all individuals. And there’s no secret formula.
<Enter shameless plug for my awesome nutrition service and detailed personalized assessments>!!
(For more info email me firstname.lastname@example.org)
But let’s get to the giveaway part.
Earlier this month Vega founder and professional athlete Brendan Brazier wrote a great guest post about nutrition for runners. I also promised a Vega giveaway, and here it is!
Today Vega is giving away to one lucky reader: a copy of Brendan Brazier’s Thrive Fitness book AND….
A tub of Vega Sport Optimizer ($75 value)
Here is some info about this product from the website:
Vega Sport Performance Optimizer provides a complete array of key performance enhancing benefits including:
- Immediate and sustaining energy
- Increases endurance, aerobic and anaerobic capacity
- Enhances mental focus and motor performance
- Reduces stress and enhances immune system function
- Replenishes electrolytes lost during exercise
- Reduces inflammation, joint and muscle pain
- Improves body composition and reduces body fat
- Supports healthy weight management
1. Do one or more of the following things. Leave a separate comment below for each thing you do, as I will count up the comments and choose a winner randomly using random.org. Every separate comment will count as an entry. The more you do, the higher your chances of winning.
2. The winner will be announced next Thursday May 5th.
* “Like” Vega on Facebook HERE and tell them that I sent you.
* Follow Vega on Twitter @VegaTeam and tell them that I sent you
* Blog about this giveaway
* Post about this giveaway on Facebook
* Tweet about this giveaway
* Subscribe to this blog (top left hand side)
* Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vanessaruns
* Tomorrow morning (Friday) at 10am EST I have my final certifying exams to become a Registered Nutritionist. Leave a separate comment before then, with some exam advice for me. I will choose the advice I like best and give that person FIVE additional entries.