I’ve recently started drinking what has become a wonder food in my diet – matcha green tea.
Matcha is a powdered green tea that has been praised for helping to prevent cardiovascular disease, cancer, and to help reduce harmful cholesterol in the blood. It does this by fighting free radicals, which cause disease in our bodies. Its luminescent green colour is because of its high chlorophyll content.
Matcha green tea has 10 times more antioxidants than green tea! It actually contains the highest known concentration of antioxidants in a food source (beating gogi berries, pomegranates, and cranberries). It has 9 times the beta carotene of spinach and boosts metabolic rate by 35-40% when consumed regularly, making it ideal for weight loss. It is also high in L-theanine, which increases alertness, improves concentration, and reduces stress.
The great thing about this powder is that it has so many uses. If you don’t want to drink it as a tea, you can add the powder to a smoothie, or in a cold drink. You can also use it for baking. Here are some examples of what you can make with matcha:
Today you can win THIS free Match Green Tea canister from Vitalife!
1. Do one or more of the following things. Leave a separate comment below for each thing you do, as I will count up the comments and choose a winner randomly using random.org.
2. Every separate thing you do will count as an entry. The more you do, the higher your chances of winning.
3. The winner will be announced next Tuesday April 11th.
* Leave me a comment telling me which of these Matcha recipes you like best
* “Like” Vitalife on Facebook HERE and tell them that I sent you
* Follow Vitalife on Twitter @VitalifeMatcha and tell them that I sent you
* Blog about this giveaway
* Post about this giveaway on Facebook
* Tweet about this giveaway
* Subscribe to this blog (top left hand side)
* Follow me on Twitter @vanessaruns
* Add me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vanessaruns
Good luck everyone!