A little nervous!
I ended up speaking to Michael, my running coach about my controversial strategy for Sunday’s race. He said that there were too many factors to consider to really predict what the outcome might be. He said that although he didn’t think this was the fastest way to race, if I wanted to try it this was a good time to experiment. Otherwise further down the road I might feel like I was “wasting” a race.
So I’m going to do it. I’ll just try my best and see what happens.
My carb loading is going well. I’m enjoying it, and I feel a little chunkier. The whole concept of carb loading is totally new to me. So I’m really trusting my nutritionist that what I’m doing is going to work.
I know that in order to reach my goal I really need my head to be in this. I need to think clearly and stay motivated.
One of the things I love on race day is reading all the signs that people make to motivate the runners. I made a list of my favourite top ten, in no particular order.
BEST MOTIVATIONAL RUNNING SIGNS OF ALL TIME
1. One foot in front of the other. That’s all.
2. You can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.
3. Trust your training.
4. If you walk, you’ll still be hurting.
5. Run like you stole something!
6. Make this hill your bee yatch!
7. MAKE IT HURT! (that’s what she said!)
8. I didn’t wake up early to watch you walk.
9. DON’T SUCK.
10. Better you than me.
AND A COUPLE OF POSTERS…
It’s finally time. Here we go!